Thursday, June 19, 2014

Spring/Summer Cleaning

I've been wanting to clean out my closet, my makeup, and my accessories but I can never find the time to do it.  Luckily for me, it's time to move part of my closet upstairs since it has more space.  If you're like me, it's hard to let go of the good pieces that used to be a favorite in the past.  I hold on to these items thinking "one day I'll get skinny again to rock this again."  Who am I kidding?  Personally, when I say this, I am just thinking in the moment of throwing out things.  I know I don't have the time or motivation to "get skinnier" these days so I should just cut my loss and say goodbye to these past favorites of mine.

Here are my tips on figuring out what you want to throw out of your closet:
1. Can you see yourself wearing the item in the next 3-6 months?  Or into the next season?
2. How many other pieces currently in your closet can you see yourself wearing with this item?
3. How many times have you worn the item in the past 6 months?  Or the past season?
4. Have you outgrown the item?
5. Is this item something you are keeping because "one day you'll get skinny enough to wear it again"?

First 3 tips applies to shoes and accessories as well.  Once you figure that out, you can easily throw or donate the items you don't need.  For me, I have my sisters and close friends come over to pick out pieces they like out of my "donate" stash before I really donate to a charity or Goodwill.

For makeup:
1. When was the last time you wore the product?
2. How long has the product been in your collection?
3. How do you feel about the product now vs. when you first got the product?

I believe these are the key questions you should ask yourself before you throw away anything in your closet.  I know we all don't want to part with items in our closet but hey, it's life and whatever you toss out, you can replace with a newer, in trend piece that'll be even more perfect than the last.

Hope everyone has a good day.

xoxo,
Pangie



No comments:

Post a Comment