Friday, November 22, 2013

Battle It Out: Drugstore brand Volumizing Waterproof Mascara

Hey ladies!!  It's been forever and a day since I blogged.  Unforunately, I had to create a new blog since my old one was giving me trouble with not even letting me edit a post.  I guess it is what it is. 

To start things off, I thought I'd battle out my two favorite drugstore brand waterproof volumizing mascaras.  (I am not one to like regular mascara at all since my straight Asian lashes don't stay curled)

In the first corner, the one I've been using for years, Covergirl Lashblast Waterproof Mascara.


Pros:
Holds the curls in my lashes great
Gives me great looking lashes after 2 coats
I feel it gives my lashes a little more length as well
Doesn't pick up too much product

Cons:
The brush is too big (mainly for my lower lashes)
A pain in the butt to get off at the end of the day (I still find I get a little "racoon" eyed in the mornings)

In the second corner, Maybelline Falsies Waterproof Mascara.

Pros:
Holds the curls in my lashes
Looks good after 2 coats
Easier to take off at the end of the day

Cons:
Too much product comes out with the brush after the first couple uses
I don't know how I feel about the curled wand (pro & con)

Overall, I love the Lashblast more so than the Falsies but I wouldn't mind having both still in my makeup collection.  I say give both a try regardless what type of lashes you have to see which you prefer. 

Oh and what I have been doing lately is putting on one coat of the Falsies and then a coat of Lashblast on top.  Makes my lashes look better, in my opinion.


Hope this was helpful to everyone.  Til the next time, I hope you all have a great weekend!!

xoxo,
Pangie

No comments:

Post a Comment