Monday, April 14, 2014

Current Morning Skin Care Routine

I wish I took better care of my skin when I was in my 20's but....sadly I didn't.  Now I've noticed more changes in my skin than I did back then and I'm sad that I didn't learn more about skincare to kinda prevent all this "oldness" that catches up to all of us.

To start off my morning routine, I wash my face with the simple moisturizing facial wash in the shower.  I bought this a couple months back and stopped using it so I could try out the Shiseido IBUKI Gentle Cleanser (mentioned in the starter kit below).  But once I finished the trial size of the Shiseido Gentle Cleanser, I went back to the simple face wash to finish it up.

I read reviews on the simple facial wash and wanted to try it since I'm always up for trying out different facial cleansers and I read some pretty good reviews on it.  Honestly, I felt like it was an OK cleanser.  I felt like it did the job to clean my skin but still kind of left my skin dry in certain spots.  I didn't want it to go to waste so I will use it up before my new cleansers come in for me to try.  :P


After getting out of the shower and debating if I'll wear my contacts or glasses for the day, I start to prep my skin for my makeup routine.  I start off with Estee Lauder Idealist Pore Minimizing Skin Refinisher.  I have been using this serum every morning and only in the mornings for about a month now.  So far, I don't see too much of a difference in the size of my pores but let me tell you how great this makes your skin look and feel after application.  The description you read on Macy's website is what you basically get after apply this serum to your face.  It just makes all your pores smaller and makes your skin feel soooo silky smooth!! This is a great way to start prepping your skin for the day and for makeup application.
  

After the Estee Lauder serum, I apply my eye cream.  I have been using the Lancome High Resolution Eye Refill-3X for 2 weeks.  This eye cream has good components to keep my under eye area hydrated but I haven't seen too much change in the small wrinkles under my eyes.  I will have to update after a month to a month and half use of this product.

FYI for you ladies that don't use eye creams yet.  YOU NEED TO!  I believe you can start as soon as you're 18, just as long as you're finding one that suits what you need for your age.  It will be one of the best things you invest in since the skin under our eyes thins out more as we get older.

While I let the eye cream soak into my skin, I go start my coffee and apply some lip balm/chapstick to my lips.  Then I go back to my skincare routine and use the Shiseido IBUKI Softening Concentrate from the Shiseido IBUKI Smooth & Trouble Free Starter Kit that I purchased a while back when searching for new skincare kits to try out.

After the Softening Concentrate soaks into my skin, I use the Shiseido IBUKI Refining Moisturizer.  For both of these products, you don't need to use a whole lot of product.  I pour about a dime size of each into my hand and pat it onto my skin and then lightly rub it all over my face and down my neck.  I am loving both of these products together and these trial sizes have lasted me quite some time.


I sometimes end it there with the Refining Moisturizer.  But for days when I feel like my skin is a bit too dry, I use Pond's Nourishing Moisturizing Cream on the areas that need more hydration.  I have been using the "travel size" for a couple years now and it helps with the dry patches on my skin. 


While waiting for everything to set, I go get dress for the day and then it's on to makeup.  

I know it's a lot of steps but hey, when you find skincare that works for your skin (and as you get older) you just find the time to apply every product to keep your skin looking great for the day.

Hope this helps some of you on some different types of skincare products.  Don't be afraid to try new skincare to find the right one for you because if it doesn't work out for you within a week's time, you'll definitely know and you can always go return the product for something else.

Have a great night!

xoxo,
Pangie


No comments:

Post a Comment