Tuesday, April 22, 2014

My "Sweat Proof" Makeup Tips

Per special request from my friend, Amy.  I am posting today on my take on "sweat proof" makeup for the heat and humidity we get here in the Midwest.

First thing you need is: FOUNDATION PRIMER.  Primer is essential to starting great makeup application and to keep your makeup on for a longer amount of time during the day/night.
My picks: Smashbox Iconic Photo Finish Foundation Primer and Benefit POREfessional Foundation Primer

Second thing you need is: A GOOD FOUNDATION, BB CREAM, CC CREAM OR  TINTED MOISTURIZER.  Whichever is your preference, you only need a thin layer so it doesn't melt off your face in the heat and humidity.  Also remember to find something that has a good SPF in there so you don't get sunburn.
My picks: Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation, Peter Thomas Roth CC Cream Broad Spectrum CC Cream, and IT Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream.

Third thing you need is: SETTING POWDER.  Whether it's a translucent powder or a mineral foundation powder, a little bit of it is all you need to set your foundation, BB cream, CC cream, or tinted moisturizer.  This step is the first step to lock in your foundation so it doesn't move around.  Remember to not use a lot so you don't end up looking cakey.
My picks: Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder

Fourth thing you need is: GREAT EYE SHADOW PRIMER.  If you are one who likes to wear some eye shadow out in the heat, you definitely need eye shadow primer to keep all eye shadows in place all day.
My picks: Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer, Urban Decay Anti-Aging Eyeshadow Primer Potion (I think the original is great also), and Wet N Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer.

Last thing you need is: FINISHING/SETTING SPRAY.  A finishing/setting spray locks everything you've done in place so it doesn't budge.  There are many out there that I have heard great things about but have yet to try so I will not mention them to you.  The only one I use and have been using for the past 3 or so years is elf Studio Makeup Mist & Set Spray.  This setting spray is by far THE BEST I've tried and I love it more than the MAC Fix +, which I tried before the elf one.

Hope this helps answer your questions and concerns about wearing makeup in heat and humidity.

Have a great night!

xoxo,
Pangie

**UPDATED 4/23/14**  I forgot to mention that when you're out in the heat, also don't forget to wear your favorite waterproof mascara so you don't get raccoon eyes and waterproof eyebrow products for those who like to do their eyebrows.  My pick for brows: Make Up Forever Aqua Brow

No comments:

Post a Comment